Uninsured Drivers and Hit-and-Run Accidents

Helping You Enforce Your Rights Under The Law

Car accidents are often unpredictable, and the other people involved in the collision may not always act responsibly. Maybe you suffered an injury when a driver hit you, as a pedestrian or motorist, and left the scene of the accident. Or perhaps the at-fault driver did not have insurance. In such cases, you can still get access to the compensation you need to finance your recovery from the injury.

The car accident lawyers at MacGillivray Injury and Insurance Law in Nova Scotia work until we have exhausted all possible resources for compensation on your behalf. We have been advocates for the injured since 1994, and we know how the system works. If you have questions about your claim, we can find you the answers.

Tracking Down Benefits To Support Your Recovery

Severe and catastrophic injuries can result from car accidents. That's why no injured person should be left high and dry because he or she was hit by someone without insurance coverage. In Nova Scotia, your access to benefits in the case of hit-and-run or uninsured driver accident claims can come from many sources, including:

  • Your own insurance,
  • Your spouse's insurance,
  • Your parents' insurance (if you reside with and are dependent on them),
  • Your employer's insurance (if your employer provides regular use of a vehicle),
  • Your spouse's employer's insurance (if that employer provides regular use of a vehicle),
  • The insurance for the negligent or at-fault driver that caused the accident

The best way for us to assess your rights to insurance is for us to give you a free case review. We offer our services on a no-cost, no-obligation basis: even after we take your case, you owe us nothing until we secure you compensation for your accident claim. You risk nothing by meeting with us to learn about your legal options.

Contact Halifax Hit-And-Run Accident Lawyers

Don't fight the battle alone - especially if you have questions. To arrange a free initial consultation, contact us online or give us a call.