Book a Free Consultation

Let’s get started.

Request a free consultation
Incomplete field(s). Please fix the errors and try submitting again.

Who is covered under Section D and Section 5 insurance?

Your access to benefits in the case of hit-and-run or uninsured driver accident claims can come from many sources, including:

  • Your own insurance
  • Your spouse’s insurance
  • Your parents’ insurance (if you reside with and are dependent on them)
  • Your employer’s insurance (if your employer provides regular use of a vehicle)
  • Your spouse’s employer’s insurance (if that employer provides regular use of a vehicle)
  • The insurance for the negligent or at-fault driver that caused the accident

The best way for us to assess your rights to insurance is for us to give you a free case review. We offer our services on a no-cost, no-obligation basis: even after we take your case, you owe us nothing until we secure compensation for your accident claim. You risk nothing by meeting with us to learn about your legal options.

If you are not covered by an automobile insurance policy and are injured by an uninsured or unidentified driver, you can turn to the Facility Association (Atlantic provinces) or Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund (MVACF) (Ontario) to recover damages. These programs are a last resort means of providing compensation to those who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents. For example, if you were injured by an uninsured driver as a pedestrian, cyclist, or passenger in a vehicle, and you were not covered by a motor vehicle insurance policy, then you could make a claim under the Facility Association or MVACF.

Standard Owner’s Policy

Automobile insurance in Canada is legally required and there are standard policies drafted by provincial legislators. The Standard Owner’s Policies for each of the four Atlantic provinces and Ontario are listed below.


Have questions for our team?

Get Started

Request a
Free Consultation

MacGillivray Law is a personal injury law firm with offices in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland and Labrador. We serve clients all across Canada.

If you cannot travel to one of our offices, we will accommodate your circumstances and travel needs. We can provide a consultation by phone, Zoom, or FaceTime, or travel to meet you in your home when required.

If you would like to learn your legal options at no obligation, contact us today to set up a free consultation.

Request a free consultation
Incomplete field(s). Please fix the errors and try submitting again.