Insurance Caps

Getting You The Benefits You Need

After you have been in an accident, you may make assumptions about your insurance coverage. You may know about caps on insurance benefits for what are called "minor injuries," and perhaps assume your access to the benefits you need are limited.

As personal injury lawyers dedicated to helping injured people in Nova Scotia, we at MacGillivray Injury and Insurance Law can assure you insurance coverage is complicated. You may have access to the benefits you need, even if your insurance company wants to downplay the severity of your condition.


The Minor Injury Cap

The minor injury cap is indexed for inflation, and as of 2013, it amounts to $8,100. In recent years, Nova Scotia has reviewed the legislation with regards to the cap and the kind of injuries to which it applies. As of 2010, the minor injury cap will not apply if the injury you have sustained substantially interferes with your life for 12 months or longer.

As your legal team, we will work with you to make sure you receive a proper assessment of your injuries after a motor vehicle accident, in particular if your injuries are difficult to diagnose and treat such as soft tissue injuries, whiplash, chronic pain and fractures. We know that when you are hurt, you need support. You do not need the stress of proving your case to an insurer. We are here to act for you while you focus on getting better.


Contact Halifax Auto Insurance Coverage Lawyers

Don't fight the battle alone. To learn about how Nova Scotia insurance caps may or may not apply to you, get in touch with us. We offer a free initial consultation, and when we become your lawyers, our work is at no cost to you until we secure you compensation. Contact us online or give us a call.