Aqeel Yousafzai joined MacGillivray Law as a Case Manager in Halifax in February 2022. He completed his NCA Certificate of Qualification in 2022 and was called to the Nova Scotia Bar in June 2023.
Prior to joining MacGillivray Law, Aqeel practiced law in Pakistan since 2016, focusing on criminal, civil, constitutional, and human rights issues. His dedication to justice and advocacy for the rights of vulnerable individuals has been the driving force behind his legal career from the very beginning.
Fluent in English, Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, and Pashto, Aqeel’s linguistic proficiency enables him to communicate effectively with clients from diverse backgrounds.
- Lahore University of Management Sciences, Lahore, BA-LLB (Honors) – 2015
- Central European University, Budapest, LLM (Human Rights Law) – 2018
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Canadian Muslim Lawyers Association
- Nova Scotia – 2023
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Bar Council – 2018
- Lahore Bar Association – 2016